DMC PDF

This morning I scanned in the pages of the old Die Firma Dollfus-Mieg & Cie booklet I found among the old Norwegian magazines from my grandmother.  It is 14 pages long; I was able to fit 2 booklet pages on each PDF page.  Et voilà!  Here it is:  the DMC booklet I blogged about yesterday.

Now not only will the DMC booklet last far longer than in its paper form, but I can easily share it with others!  I hope you enjoy it!

As today is another no-fiber arts day, I think I will dig out other old Norwegian patterns from my grandmother that I have somewhere in my stacks.  There are probably other good gems other fiber devotees might want to take a peek at!

This entry was posted in Knitting, Other Fiber Arts. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to DMC PDF

1. That must be fascinating to read/look at. I think people who study history without looking at the art are missing something important!

2. evasweaving says:

Thank you! I’m a weaver who is inspired by all fiber related art and handiwork. I also have an interesting album of old charted patterns from the DMC Library, “Assisi Embroideries,” that was inspired from the old embroideries of the 13th and 14th centuries.

Eva

3. I’m pleased I can share it with other fiber enthusiasts! Enjoy!

4. lisaridley says:

Wonderful, thanks Karen.

5. Curls & Q says:

Too funny! One of my past co0worker’s family was from Vest-Agder. Don’t remember the town. Barb and I are genealogists. I’ve spent many an hour pouring through the Norwegian parish records! Two cousins sent quite a few of the bygdeboka for family areas to me. Visiting Norway is first on my bucket list! Grew up hearing stories. 😎

6. No, I don’t mind … the family’s from tiny little places revolving around Flekkefjord in an area call Sørlandet (southern Norway). I’ve heard some folks call it the “Mediterranean of the South,” but I always assumed only people who’d never been outside of Norway think the weather of that area as mild. 🙂 Ahhh, I guess it’s all relative!

7. Curls & Q says:

Yep, that’s the book. It is a drooler. I just had to have it. Beautiful! I have to wipe the drool off of each page. If you don’t mind – what part of Norway are you from? Grandpa’s family was from Nord Fron, Oppland and grandma’s from Grue, Hedmark. I have met a few of my distant cousins – all had moved to Oslo.

8. If you mean the book – til Bunader og Folkedrakter, no … I’m sure it’s one to drool over though!

9. Oh dear, are we destined to be hoarders? 🙂

10. Curls & Q says:

I cannot get rid of my old books and patterns either. Love looking through them from time to time.

11. Curls & Q says:

I mean you. Do you have Handplagg

12. Curls & Q says:

Omg! Some of these patterns can be adapted for knitting! Yum! Thanks for the trivia -DMC. Never knew what it stood for. Do out have Handplagg?

13. I sometimes think if I scanned in all my old books & patterns, I could have a much neater home! But I somehow can’t get rid of the original paper versions. 🙂

14. handstitch says:

What a wonderful idea. Thanks for all the hard work scanning in a PDF and share. My head was spinning as quickly as I flipped through the pages. Now, only if I can write what it says LOL

I have a ton of old books filled with fabulous stitch work that I use for inspiration.