Thank you to Vix Knits for nominating me as a recipient of the Sunshine Blogger Award! It is awarded to “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere,” and, as such, I am both flattered and honored.
There are a few rules recipients are to follow:
Include the award logo in a post or somewhere on your blog. Done. (Don’t stare at the clip too long … it’s rather blinding.)
Answer 10 questions about yourself. Hmmm … the 10 questions aren’t provided, so I assume I am supposed to pick the questions. Below are questions I have been asked over the years with some frequency:
(1) Asked with envy: Who colors your hair such a beautiful silver? Nature.
(2) Asked with astonishment: What size shoe do you wear? U.S. 11.
(3) Asked with disbelief: Why don’t you like shellfish? I never said I didn’t like it; I’m allergic to it.
(4) Asked with incredulity: You were a professor? Don’t you miss the money? What money?!
(5) Asked with little interest: What’s your favorite holiday celebration? Thanksgiving & Sankt Hans Aften.
(6) Asked with even less interest: Who’s your favorite novelist? Gustav Flaubert.
(7) Asked with feigned interest: What philosopher always makes you smile and why? Aristotle stating that sperm comes from men’s brains.
(8) Asked with implied criticism: Aren’t you rather tall for a woman? Not in my family.
(9) Asked with the faux air of constructive criticism: Have you thought that if you dyed your hair you’d look younger? No.
(10) Ditto: Have you ever thought of perming your hair? No.
Nominate 10 to 12 other fabulous bloggers. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blog, letting them know about the award. This is the fun and easy part!
- Curls and Q – Not only are they very creative and ambitious crafters, but they contextualize their work in stories about their family and life. I’ve learned a lot of techniques and gotten many new ideas re gifts for grandchildren!
- i dye every day – Amazing work, lots of instruction … does this woman ever NOT dye? 🙂
- Barefoot Rooster – I admire the way she blogs about how her fiber art twines itself through her life.
- Remily Knits – She presents her creative knitting in a way that knitters of any level will be motivated to imitate!
- All She Wants to Do is Knit – A true knitaholic … need I say more?
- Crochet With Raymond – Creative and colorful crochets! A pleasure to read and view! (Raymond’s a cat.)
- Weekend Knitter – Take a peek at her blog … besides all the fiber-related craft and art she does, she has a life! 🙂
- Robyn Spady’s Blog – A great place to visit when you want to learn a little more about the art and craft of weaving!
- Morganhausen– She walks you through her fiber adventures and creations!Two definitely not craft-related that I enjoy are:
- Ode to Capitalism – Check it out. These bloggers frequently tackle tough political-economic-social questions.
- Economic Policy Institute Blog – I am impressed by EPI’s willingness to research and respond to tough current issues too many people would prefer turning a blind eye to.
Share the love and link the person who nominated you. Already done!