I started blogging in February of this year and am flattered to have been nominated by fellow bloggers for several awards. Generally, the recipients of each award are asked to follow several steps, including: visiting the award site and thanking your nominator; sharing one or two random things about yourself; select other bloggers whose writings you enjoy; and, if you want to nominate others, notify them. I’ve gotten a bit behind and so am now catching up. (I’m not including all the rules for all the blogs, because this post would be longer than even my long posts! Just google the award name and you’ll find the rules.)
Random things about me:
- My mother forced me into synchronized swimming because she thought girls shouldn’t compete. (It wasn’t ladylike, she believed.) During the same time, my father made me learn basic hand-to-hand combat. (My parents really didn’t see eye to eye on parenting.)
- Once I turned 30, I developed a severe allergy to shellfish. Telling myself I was allergic to only American shellfish, I almost died at not one, but two (!) crab and shrimp feasts in Norway. I haven’t eaten shellfish (knowingly, at least) since.
- My favorite novels in elementary school were Bronte’s Jane Eyre and Blackmore’s Lorna Doone. My favorite novel in middle school was Dumas’s Count of Monte Cristo. My favorite novel in high school was Puzo’s The Godfather. My favorite novel in college was Flaubert’s Madame Bovary. While I still read a lot, I haven’t read a novel in two years.
- Today is my sister’s birthday. I haven’t seen her in 30 years. (It’s against her religious beliefs to have anything to do with me.)
Thank yous and my favorite blogs: I enjoy all the blogs I regularly read (or else I wouldn’t read them), and I love finding new ones to read. So I gladly pass the awards on to others:
- For the Illuminating Blogger Award (thank you Obsolescence Project), I nominate The Great Dorset Vegetable Project and A Knitty Society.
- For the Sunshine Blogger Award (thank you, Art Lover Mommy), I nominate Ordinary Goodness and Idiosyncratic Eye.
- For the One Lovely Blog Award, I nominate Feel Good Knitting and Weekend Knitter.
- For the Beautiful Blogger Award (thank you, Fattoria Fiberworks), I nominate Mina and Me and Project Remnant Redo.
I tip my hat (if I were wearing one ), to all the wonderful bloggers whose posts I am lucky to explore. Thank you.