Reader’s Appreciation Award

I was very flattered to receive an email from Kyred’s Blog telling me she selected me as one of the recipients of the Reader’s Appreciation Award!  I immediately wrote her and thanked her but – swamped with the release of Yarn Pro (or YarnPro as the Apple App Store has listed it 🙂 ), – I am only now carrying out the instructions to recipients!

The rules for receiving this award are as follows.  (I’ve moved the last part of the instructions to the top as I think it’s probably more interesting than reading my answers to the questions about me!)

THIRD:  Nominate other bloggers for the award.  Here is a partial list of the blogs I try to follow.  Some I have been following since I started blogging earlier in the year, others more recently.

1. Handstitch … Does this woman EVER not have her fingers busy making some colorful creation?  Not only is her knitting beautiful, but I always enjoy her photographs too!(Does she have more than 24 hours in each day?!)
  2. Feelgoodknitting … Isn’t that a great title for a blog?  (Does knitting make one feel good or does the knitting feel good to one’s hands?!  Chicken & the egg.)
  3. A Knitty Society … The prose (sometimes knitting), of a thoughtful young woman who recently took the brave step of stepping away from grad school.
  4. Kiwiyarns Knit …  A knitter from the “other” hemisphere who graciously shares her knowledge with others!
  5. Weekend Knitter Blog … I wish I knew how this blogger manages to do everything she does … there is no way it’s just on weekends!
  6. Project Remnant Redo … It is easy to admire this blogger’s ingenuity, skills and creativity.  Our foremothers would be very proud of this blogger!
  7. Not Your Average Crochet … Definitely not average (average would be my crocheting!).  And another student-fiber artist-blogger!
  8. Misty Mountain Designs … Yet another site from a student-fiber artist-blogger!  I always love reading about their studies, too.  (Ahhh, you can take the professor out of the university … 🙂 )

FIRST:  Provide a link and thank the blogger who nominated you for this award. (Done – see first paragraph!)

SECOND:  Answer 10 questions.

1. Your favourite colour?  Hmmm … I’ll reverse the question: the only colors that don’t grab me are orange, yellow and brown.
  2. Your favourite animal?  I have a very small collection of ceramic turtles in the bathroom.  Does that count?
  3. Your favourite non-alcoholic drink? Coffee.  Next in favorite order are:  espresso, latte, cappuccino and roasted beans.  (See a trend?!)
  4. Facebook or Twitter? Hmmm …  I’m actually old fashioned enough to prefer talking to my friends over a cup of my favorite non-alcoholic drink.  🙂
  5. Your favourite pattern? It just might be “Dancing Grandma.”  (If no one has heard of it before – please tell me there are some older Norwegian women who know what I’m talking about! – I’ll graph it out and post it!)
  6. Getting or giving presents? Definitely giving … it gives  me an excuse to knit.  🙂
  7. Your favourite number? Eight (8) has been my favorite number since I learned to write it.  Turn it on its side and you’ve got the symbol for infinity (from Latin infinitas or  “unboundedness”), introduced into mathematical literature in the mid 17th century – way before I learned about the number.
  8. Your favourite day of the week? Well that’s easy:  Friday because it’s named after the Scandinavian goddess Freya – a warrior goddess and also the goddess of sensual love.  (Really – who can beat that combo?!)

9.  Your favourite flower?  That’s a tie between the bougainvillea (pic source) and daphne (pic source).

1. 10.  What is your passion?  Finding joy in each day – which could be while working on a new software delivery company I’m building with three brilliant partners; singing in the kitchen with Ella and Louis while making dinner knowing Thor’s in front of his computer grinning at the sounds of chopping, banging and music; knitting on a new project; laughing with my grandchildren.

I admit … sometimes I can’t help but laugh at them – as when my granddaughter (4 yrs) put on a firefighter’s hat and announced, “Look at me!  I’m a fire hydrant!

This entry was posted in Miscellany, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Reader’s Appreciation Award

1. jawsiebelle says:

How can I say no? That would be wonderful, if you have them.

2. Agreed! (I have a granddaughter 4 and a grandson 7. )

3. Christy J says:

I know the Dancing Grandmas! They’re in one of my stitch pattern books from th eighties. And I too am a grandma, to boys 4 and 6 who live nearby and provide me with smiles and funny stories each time I see them. We grandmas have a lot of good reasons to dance.

4. Pingback: Reader’s Appreciation Award « Misty Mountain Designs

5. Thank you … I blush. 🙂

6. I am glad you are using YarnPro. Re your other question, I will email you.

7. It reminds me how I wish I had kept a journal when my daughter was little!

8. Thank you! Great minds and all that … 🙂

9. I think it the pattern is joyful and whimsical!

10. Angela Hickman says:

The Dancing Grandma pattern is in my book of Norwegian knitting patterns. In fact, my sister is going to get Dancing Granny mitts for Christmas. It’s definitely one of my favourites too.

11. Thank you! And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your number 4!!!

12. kyred says:

“I’m a fire hydrant.” That’s hilarious…gotta love them when they’re little; they say the cutest things.

13. Thank you for the nomination and thank you for creating YarnPro I downloaded it and it has already helped me!

I was going to ask you as well, is there an equation for how to figure out yardage from grams/ounces based off of knowing the weight of the yarn? Thank you for having such a helpful blog and app I enjoy reading your posts 🙂

14. kiwiyarns says:

I’m honoured to be mentioned. Thank you! 🙂 Your blog is great reading. You definitely deserve the reader’s appreciation award!!

15. Aw, so sweet! What a cute message, I’ll have to be careful how I use it then! 🙂

16. Pingback: awards and a knitting conundrum | not your average crochet

17. Thank you … I can see if I have notes for the scarf I knit (LONG time ago), and post those too if you’d like.

18. jawsiebelle says:

I can’t wait for the Dancing Grandma pattern! I had to Google the “Dancing Grannys” and now that I’ve seen them, I cannot wait for your pattern post. I’ll have to work on my knitting with multiple colors, and make something with them for MY Granny & Grandma. (Yes, I’m blessed to still have both of them.) I really enjoy your posts! They are always fun, and often insightful.

19. Your pictures always captivate me – you seem to have a knack for getting great snaps that include make everything look “alive” … and I love those new swing-sweaters you knit. I would LOVE to make one but I have only 24 hours in the day. 🙂

20. I will graph it out and post. When I learned I was going to be a mom (over 30 years ago), I knit a “dancing grandma” scarf and sent to my grandmother as a way to tell her she was going to have her first great-grandchild. Of course, I also used my words, just in case. 🙂

21. handstitch says:

You are so sweet. Thank you so much for the award. Honestly, I do sleep, if you wonder…but I am searching for a recipe, a potion…to grow the 24 hours in a day!

22. I love the fire hydrant! And I’m very intrigued by the Dancing Grandma, you must elaborate! 🙂