I was very flattered to receive an email from Kyred’s Blog telling me she selected me as one of the recipients of the Reader’s Appreciation Award! I immediately wrote her and thanked her but – swamped with the release of Yarn Pro (or YarnPro as the Apple App Store has listed it 🙂 ), – I am only now carrying out the instructions to recipients!
The rules for receiving this award are as follows. (I’ve moved the last part of the instructions to the top as I think it’s probably more interesting than reading my answers to the questions about me!)
THIRD: Nominate other bloggers for the award. Here is a partial list of the blogs I try to follow. Some I have been following since I started blogging earlier in the year, others more recently.
- Handstitch … Does this woman EVER not have her fingers busy making some colorful creation? Not only is her knitting beautiful, but I always enjoy her photographs too!(Does she have more than 24 hours in each day?!)
- Feelgoodknitting … Isn’t that a great title for a blog? (Does knitting make one feel good or does the knitting feel good to one’s hands?! Chicken & the egg.)
- A Knitty Society … The prose (sometimes knitting), of a thoughtful young woman who recently took the brave step of stepping away from grad school.
- Kiwiyarns Knit … A knitter from the “other” hemisphere who graciously shares her knowledge with others!
- Weekend Knitter Blog … I wish I knew how this blogger manages to do everything she does … there is no way it’s just on weekends!
- Project Remnant Redo … It is easy to admire this blogger’s ingenuity, skills and creativity. Our foremothers would be very proud of this blogger!
- Not Your Average Crochet … Definitely not average (average would be my crocheting!). And another student-fiber artist-blogger!
- Misty Mountain Designs … Yet another site from a student-fiber artist-blogger! I always love reading about their studies, too. (Ahhh, you can take the professor out of the university … 🙂 )
FIRST: Provide a link and thank the blogger who nominated you for this award. (Done – see first paragraph!)
SECOND: Answer 10 questions.
- Your favourite colour? Hmmm … I’ll reverse the question: the only colors that don’t grab me are orange, yellow and brown.
- Your favourite animal? I have a very small collection of ceramic turtles in the bathroom. Does that count?
- Your favourite non-alcoholic drink? Coffee. Next in favorite order are: espresso, latte, cappuccino and roasted beans. (See a trend?!)
- Facebook or Twitter? Hmmm … I’m actually old fashioned enough to prefer talking to my friends over a cup of my favorite non-alcoholic drink. 🙂
- Your favourite pattern? It just might be “Dancing Grandma.” (If no one has heard of it before – please tell me there are some older Norwegian women who know what I’m talking about! – I’ll graph it out and post it!)
- Getting or giving presents? Definitely giving … it gives me an excuse to knit. 🙂
- Your favourite number? Eight (8) has been my favorite number since I learned to write it. Turn it on its side and you’ve got the symbol for infinity (from Latin infinitas or “unboundedness”), introduced into mathematical literature in the mid 17th century – way before I learned about the number.
- Your favourite day of the week? Well that’s easy: Friday because it’s named after the Scandinavian goddess Freya – a warrior goddess and also the goddess of sensual love. (Really – who can beat that combo?!)
- 10. What is your passion? Finding joy in each day – which could be while working on a new software delivery company I’m building with three brilliant partners; singing in the kitchen with Ella and Louis while making dinner knowing Thor’s in front of his computer grinning at the sounds of chopping, banging and music; knitting on a new project; laughing with my grandchildren.
I admit … sometimes I can’t help but laugh at them – as when my granddaughter (4 yrs) put on a firefighter’s hat and announced, “Look at me! I’m a fire hydrant!