Pens for Ladies?

Bic (the pen company), came out with pens designed for women.  Here is Ellen DeGeneres’ response to it:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCyw3prIWhc

I just had to share this with video! One has to wonder what in the world was Bic thinking.  Perhaps if the pen also concealed a tampon …

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Pens for Ladies?

1. goose grass says:

Berlin (Germany) has a new radio program: girls’ radio – and it’s not what you think it might be. Instead, it’s the usual pink crap.
    The girls (= target audience) are females between 18 and 45. Where I come from we call them women or ladies. However, lets forget about that for now and focus on the program’s topics: “contribution of influential and charismatic women leaders” … a bit sketchy but hey, they only just began … “as well as topics of everyday life, that women are particularly interested in,” … now what do you think it is? … “such as fashion, makeup, trendy clubs, delicious recipes and answers to the question ‘where do I get a stylish but cheap hand bag’ or ‘how do I successfully pick up a man.’” At the same time (surprise) their approach is not meant to be “emancipatory” (their wording, not mine), that is to say they “do not want to be a women’s libber type radio” (again: quote!).
    Now that I come to think of it – (1) Feminism might be a dirty word too; (2) Women are particularly interested in shopping, shoes, and household chores; (3) The world is flat.
    Here is the link for those of you who speak German: http://www.maedchenradio.de/uber-madchenradio/ Correct me if my translation is wrong, or if I misunderstood their ideas and I will gladly apologize. In writing with the women’s pen …

2. Way for them to reinforce socially constructed ideas of gender. 😛

3. Well they couldn’t offer these pens in unfeminine colors like blue, yellow, green or red!

4. You are welcome! It was a good one, wasn’t it?!

5. Well, yes, but we’re laughing AT The idea. 🙂

6. Clearly the costuming person loved bobbles … 🙂

7. FINALLY! Now my life has meaning! LOL

8. I laughed so hard I cried! 🙂

9. What were we thinking?!

10. kate says:

Thank you so very much for sharing this. I will use no other pen in the future – now I know where I have been going wrong all these years…

11. nicolaknits says:

Seen this and love it – a lot!

12. OMG! Did you see all the BOBBLES on the girl’s sweater?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

13. tgonzales says:

Where’s the love button? 🙂 Thanks for sharing Karen.

Hugs,
    Tamara

14. …exactly, what were they thinking?!!! Lets just forget we ever saw that! After all negative advertisement, still is an advert!
    😆

15. Because I soooo feel that pink and purple represents me as a woman. Yeah right.

16. Reblogged this on Garage Knit Studio and commented:
    Take the time ladies… It is a hoot!

17. The pens should go well with Romney’s notebook of women.

18. Ahhh, yes, all those wasted years with the wrong pens … 🙂

19. grimdreamer says:

Thanks for sharing this interesting video! To think I used pencils all this time because the pen was just too difficult… and they make them in my favourite colour now (purple!)

20. Curls & Q says:

Q – I remember Incbus by I don’t recall Zyklon. What the heck? Do you recall the marketing ploy this year which was so totally sexist towards women that it was pulled after the first few viewings? Alan and I can’t remember what is was just that is was so offensive that the CEO had to apologize to the public.

I was actually just thinking that I’m sick of all of the men they keep running for president. When are we going to get a competent female?

21. Do you remember in the late 1990s when Reebock made the BIG mistake of releasing a running a shoe called the INCUBUS – as in the mythological small demon that rapes women while they sleep. For a few years starting in the late 1990s, Umbro marketed a shoe called ZYKLON which also happens to be the name of the gas used by the Nazis to mass murder Jews. So, yes, I join you in asking who’s in the pre-production marketing groups? (If Reebock and Umbro were my companies, several people would have lost their jobs.)

22. For those of us who no longer need to use tampons, perhaps we could use it to conceal a small weapon? 🙂

23. Curls & Q says:

Q – This is hysterical! My cheeks hurt from laughing. Why oh why didn’t my mom have the pen talk with me? Did they even use a pre-production market group which included women?

24. Now that would be a pen I would buy!