Winter Walk Accessories: A Comparison

This entry was posted in Fibers, Knitting and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Winter Walk Accessories: A Comparison

1. GGmadeit says:

I don’t think have ever heard of possum in fiber content. Thanks for the information and your pieces are super cute! Walk in style my friend

2. You definitely needed both colors! 🙂

3. Amy P says:

Great set of accessories, and the comparison of the two yarns was interesting.

4. My granddaughter loves all things pink … she accompanied me to pick out eyeglass frames … every frame she liked on me was, of course, pink! After the 10th pair of pink frames, I couldn’t take it any more … I have to go back without her. 🙂

5. Face it, any excuse for us fiber addicts!

6. Hmmm … I would guess that it feels different depending on the person’s skin. When it’s really cold and/or windy, I reach for the possum! 🙂

7. Even if I’m inside and get a chill, I reach for the SPM! I decided I need one in black so will be ordering another skein … 🙂

8. Hmmm, I thought the Isle of Wright gets really cold and windy. So I checked a map; my geography is apparently terrible. I though your Isle was above Ireland or Scotland! 🙂

9. Yes, dogs love us no matter what we wear! I wear my two headbands regularly … and I realized i need two more: one in black and one in red … then I’m outfitted for winter headwear. 🙂

10. Libby says:

Lovely and thanks for the comparing the yarns. I have also just finished a pair of lacy fingerless gloves in pink Acrylic yarn for my daughter – she lives in Spain so doesn’t need a warm yarn (although they are surprisingly warm) and she loves pink! I am now doing a matching cowl to go with them..

11. Rebecca says:

I do love a bit of ‘fit for purpose’ knitting. Great yarn choices for specific conditions. Who needs space fibres?

12. Crooked Tracks says:

This winter, I made mittens and a hat from Cascade 220 and I wear them when it is above freezing. On the cold days, i wear my merino wool accessories. I have never knit with possum yarn. I wonder if it is gentle for sensitive skin.

13. kiwiyarns says:

Love that you did a comparison! You will look very chic indeed on your walks wearing those beautifully knitted accessories. I am very glad you liked the SPM. 🙂

14. Great post, really useful to hear comparisons of yarn. I use the Cascade 220 a lot, particularly for children’s items and also for the ‘balaclava’s’ my son wears under his motorbike helmet, because it is 100% wool (non-flammable) but washable. Definitely going to try to find some Possum though, we thankfully don’t have too extreme weather here on the Isle of Wight but your set does look gorgeous. 🙂

15. Susan says:

Those are lovely. I am not quite as ‘classy’ on my walks but it is at 5:30 AM and I have yet to hear the dog complain 🙂 the Elisbeth Collection is quite nice.